Friday, December 4, 2009

Weird Toilets in Korea



I almost died when I saw these types of toilets, thinking they were the only type of toilets they had. Koreans actually prefer to use these types of toilets over the traditional toilet seat, thinking it is more sanitary I guess. This is true, because in my country school there are two types in the teachers/staff restroom and when I enter it there will sometimes be a Korean in that toilet and the other traditional toilet will be unoccupied. I actually tried to use one of these types of toilets once, thinking that it was my only choice and I promptly urinated all over my pants. I now do my very best to avoid them as much as possible and actually would prefer peeing in the woods over one of these.

Also, it is a good idea to always carry your own toilet paper out here, as most public places don't carry it or you have to grab the amount that you are going to use before entering the stall from a huge toilet paper dispenser that everyone uses, if they even have one. Which can be a bit of problem if you are doing more than urinating and not sure of how much toilet tissue you will use for the process, LMAO.

I have to carry my own roll into the city school and sometimes have to wait for the one traditional toilet that there is available if the students are out of class. Obviously me or the students don't care to be very sanitary, or maybe they pee on themselves too. The staff lounge at the city school only has a toilet like this one, which as you now know, I avoid like the plague. I thought you might find this story funny, because Koreans can be funny, I know I am laughing.



They even have the dual toilets, found in Jeonju, in a department store, where you and your kid can go at the same time and have more time to shop and spend money. You gotta love Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment